My today's quick morning breakfast was Suji ka chilla with mixed pickle and fresh orange juice. "Chilla" is a substitute word for dosa and is mostly used in northern and central India. Suji or rava or semolina chilla
is a tasty, easy and quick to prepare. It is a bit different from our normal Rava Dosa.
- Suji 2 cups
- All purpose flour 2 tbsps
- Curd or butter milk
- Cheese (optional)
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp cummin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp ajwain
- Salt to taste
- Oil or butter
- Mix all the ingredients to make dosa like batter with out any lumps.
- Brush your nonstick frying pan with butter or oil.
- Preheat the pan.
- Spread the batter as we do for dosa on pan.
- Cover it with lid till the upper surface become dry.
- Now brush it with oil and cook from both the sides.
- Cook in low or medium flame.