Friday, June 19, 2009

Chili Chicken


Indo-Chinese dishes are my favourites. The combination of Chinese style cooking with Indian style seasonings makes it simply awesome. Chili chicken, was the first chicken dish, I learned and that too from someone who was a GREAT LOVER of chicken dishes. No no, its not my mom, sister or friend, it is my eldest brother. He is really a great cook, when it comes to any chicken dishes. Chili Chicken made by my brother is by far the most sought after dish in my home. But later he became a complete veggie and following his path, most of my family members have turned veggie, so no more chicken preparation at my home now :-) . But there is no restriction at my own house or in-laws home. We all love chicken dishes, especially my father-in-law loves the Chili chicken prepared by me and enjoys the dish like anything, which gives me lot of satisfaction.


Ingredients:
  • 500 gm Bone less chicken (small pieces)
  • 2 Medium size bell pepper (Chopped length wise)
  • 1 Big Onion (Chopped length wise)
  • 2 Tbsp ginger garlic paste or chopped
  • 1 Egg
  • 3 Tbsp Cornflour/ corn starch
  • 3 Green chillies chopped
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp chili sauce
  • 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
  • 2 Tbsp vinegar
  • 1/4 Pepper powder
  • 1/4 Chili powder
  • Salt
  • Oil to fry



Method:

Wash and dry the with the help of kitchen towel. Then add cornflour, 1 tbsp off all the sauce, egg and salt. Keep this marinate aside for 10 mins. Take oil in a pan for frying marinated chicken cubes. Fry by putting small amount of chicken cubes in the oil and do not over crowed it and fry till golden brown. Drain on paper
towels when cooked through. And also hide them after frying, as you family can finish it off, thinking it as chicken nuggets. :).
Now heat 2 tbsps of oil in a pan and then add chopped ginger , garlic and green chillies and saute for 2min. Then add chopped onions and bell pepper and fry them for 2- 3 mins. Then add all the remaining sauce , pepper powder and chili powder and salt (use little, as sauces have it own taste and salt) and fry for 1 min.Then finally add fried chicken cubes and fry for 3-4. Add now you are ready with yummy Chili Chicken.

Tips : Add some more cornflour if marination is very liquidy.
Adjust the ratio of sauce according to your taste.




My this entry goes to Potluck - Chicken hosted by Viki at Viki's Kitchen and AFAM-Bell peppers hosted by Priya's of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes event by Maheswari


21 comments:

Parita said...

hmm looks quite spicy and chilli :)

Happy cook said...

Oh yes chilli chicken is my favourite indo chinese dish too.
This looks so so yumm.
Wish i could grab them.

SriLekha said...

always love chicken with spicy ingredients! looking so nice!

Priya said...

Wow lovely chilly chicken!!!makes me hungry:)

Padma said...

Chilli chicken looks delicious :)

Gita said...

Wow...that looks so delicious and tempting dear :) I hope you were able to retrieve the lost posts...Did you lose the whole post? Gosh thats bad.

Pooja said...

Aww spicy n yummy chilli chicken makes me drool! Hehe and well said..I too have to literally hide my fried chicken before adding to the sauce. My hubby sneaks up and grabs those!

Priti said...

Looks yum....and colourful

Hari Chandana said...

perfect for event.. nice clicks!!..:)

Varsha Vipins said...

yeah..I can just finish those nuggets as such..yummy dish Preety..:)
Thanks for ur comment..hope to see u again..:)

lissie said...

chilly chicken is my favorite too...looks so yummy!

Kitchen Flavours said...

Oh wow that's an spicy and yum recipe...looks spicy too...

Aysha said...

Chilli Chicken looks so delicious..Just can't wait to try your recipe..

Sarah Naveen said...

hey preeti...
Thanks a ton for stopping by vazhayila....
I m sure ur recipes will dfntly inspire my experiments...
Chilli chicken looks yummooooo!!!!

Doloncookbook said...

Looks so spicy & yummy ... I am droooooolllllling over it

Parita said...

hey thanks for letting me know i forgot the salt :) i have now updated the post :)

ARUNA said...

wonderful dish dear.........it wud have tasted yumm!!

kittymatti said...

wow Preeti! Looks great! U have a lovely blog..

Varunavi said...

Nice chicken,loved the ingredients :)

5 Star Foodie said...

Awesosme chili chicken - very nice and spicy!

Preeti Singh said...

Thankyou all for dropping in and appreciating my work.