Panee Jalferzi is a quick, easy and very tasty dish to create at home. It is such a easy dish that even a first time cook can make it with out looking at the recipe twice.
Ingredients: 200gm cottage cheese (paneer) diced 1 large onion diced 5-6 medium size bell pepper (any colour ) diced 1 medium size ripe tomato diced 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste 1 tsp cumin seed (jeera) 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 1/2 tsp chili powder 1 tsp coriander powder 1/2 tsp black pepper powder 1 tsp Kitchen King masala or Sabji masala 2 tbsp vinegar or lime juice Salt (as per taste) Fresh coriander chopped (for garnishing) 2 tbsp cooking oil
Method: 1. Heat oil in a pan and temper cumin seeds .
2. Add ginger and garlic paste and fry until well blended.
3. Add onion and pepper and saute for 4-5 mins. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
4. Now sprinkle in turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and pepper powder and cook for 2 mins.
5. Add diced tomatoes and cook for 2-3 mins.
6. Now add sabji masala and salt.
7. Then add paneer and cook for about 2 minutes until soft and stir with soft hand so that it remains in shape.
8. Add vinegar or lime juice just before turning off the heat.
9. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Panee Jalferzi should be served hot and it goes well with Indian breads like phulak, naan, tandori roti , rumali roti etc or with basmati rice too but my personal favorite which blends with it and triggers my taste gland is namkeen pori.