Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday breakfast - Dhokla

Prepared Dhokla for this Sunday breakfast. It is very filling breakfast and easy to make. Only timely preparation is required. But each do not take much time or effort, if you remember to do it.





And here is one for you. Please help yourself.



RECIPE UPDATE:
For making Dhokla as Sunday morning breakfast, preparation may have to start pretty early.

Ingredients :

For Dhokla
3 glass Channa daal
2 glass Rice
1 glass Urad
1 bowl curds
1 tsp baking soda
Green chillies
Ginger
Salt to taste

For tempering:
Oil
Mustard seeds
Til seeds
Curry patta
Green chillies - sliced
Onion - chopped

Method :
Soak the foll. on Friday night:
3 glass Channa daal
2 glass Rice
1 glass Urad

On Saturday morning, Mixie all 3 of the above separately and then mix them together in large bowl.

Leave in a warm place for fermenting.

Sunday morning, mixie green chillies & ginger. Blend in this, salt, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 bowl curds in the batter. This will make it soft & fluffy.

Grease a plate with coconut oil and pour in the batter.

Put the plate in a steaming vessel and cook for 25-30 minutes.
If you dont have large steamer, you can use the Idli mould and pressure cooker (without whistle weight).

Once done remove immediately and cut across the plate to form cubes. Or halve or quater each of the idlis. Do this when hot or warm. Else it will form a cold layer on top later and cutting will get messy.

For tempering, heat oil in kadai. Add mustard & til seeds. Once mustard start crackling, add curry-pattah, chopped onions and chillies. Once done roll in the cut Dhoklas.

Serve hot with green chutney and Imli chutney.

6 comments:

Preeti Singh said...

Oh my god, these Dhokalas are really looking wounderfull and are tempting me soo much.

Your Dhokalas are forcing me to help myself and make this dish. I am also missing those "Besan ke lodoos" of Diwali.

Preeti.

Anonymous said...

Thanx for setting the Dhokala plate for me dear. I menu list is increasing day by day, which I will have after coming their.

Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Thanx for setting the Dhokala plate for me dear. My menu list is increasing day by day, which I will have after coming their.

Anonymous.

Seema said...

Wow...you've got a great blog! Lovely pics. Can you please post recipes of dholas and the Diwali namkeen. Both look delicious!

Seema

Shail Singh said...

Thanks Seema for liking my cooking.
I have updated the Dhokla the way I make it.

Seema said...

Thanks a lot :)