100 gm Besan
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Chilly Powder
Salt to taste
2 medium-sized tomatoes
- Mix Besan in batter into a watery batter. Add tumeric, salt & chilly powder. Mix it all in water with your hands, so there are no lumps.
- Use this bater to make broad, tick Besan Chilla.
- Fold the Chilla from sides, like shown in the image.
- Make mroe of these Chilla
- Slice pieces of the folded Chilla
- Make a paste of all Gravy ingredients
- Heat oil & add panch phoran. When heat add chopped onions. When slightly brown add the gravy paste. Continously stir so it does not stick & fry till the masala is cooked in oil. Color will change to a lovely brown.
Can add pinch of sugar to get caramelarised brown.
- Add the Chilla piece and stir gently. Add water to cook into gravy.
The folded & cut chilla pieces can be dropped in the hot kadai once the gravy is cooked properly. Then let it simmer for few minutes.
Serve with rice.